A free day of short films about animals called “Animals Rock” screens Saturday, October 15, as part of the Awareness Film Fest in Los Angeles, followed by a panel discussion of animal experts.
The films are:
Cows Rock: “Maybelle’s Story” about the retired dairy cow who now lives at the Gentle Barn.
Rhinos Rock: “I Am Ranger”
Horses Rock: “Living The Promises” — In this documentary, four recovering addicts build honest relationships with horses. Most of the participants had over 15 years of recovery, making the focus expanding recovery rather than the drama of addiction.
Wolves Rock: “Behind The Scenes of ‘MEDICINE OF THE WOLF,'” a documentary that explores the powerful relationship between wolf and human, including Ojibwe creation stories and a wolf scientist who has studied wolves for over 50 years.
ANIMALS ROCK SCHEDULE
3-4pm Short Films Screenings (per the festival site “All are uplifting!”)
4-5pm Panel of Panel of Animal Activists/Experts
– Kerry David – Filmmaker & Creator of “Over & Above Africa”
– Kate Neligan – Equine-Assisted Life Coach & Founder of Synergy TV (Moderator)
– Julia Huffman – Filmmaker from “Medicine of the Wolf”
– Ellie Laks – Founder of Gentle Barn
– Steve Murray – Director of “Living Promises”
LA Live Regal Cinemas
1000 W Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, California, 90015