Quentin Tarantino’s new movie, “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” features two of the biggest stars in the world, Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio. But the real scene stealer is Brandy, the loyal pit bull who belongs to Pitt’s stuntman character, Cliff Booth.
Here’s what you need to know about Brandy:
- She was played by three dogs: Sayuri, Cerberus, and Siren.
- It’s the first film for Sayuri, who was found at Delaware Red Pit Bulls.
- She’s a three-year-old who was trained by Monique and Matt Klosowski in Wilmington, Delaware, according to the Sacramento Bee.
- In the film, Cliff feeds her “Wolf’s Teeth” brand dog food, which has the tagline, “Good food for mean dogs” and comes in “rat” and “raccoon” varieties. According to Humane Hollywood, the actual food served was “organic and to the dog’s liking.”
- Brandy is well trained in the film (she waits patiently as Cliff prepares her unappetizing meal of canned dog food.) But Cliff doesn’t seem to be the the best dog owner as her bowl is dirty. And she seems to be left alone a lot.
- Brandy comes in very handy in the film’s finale.
- She (and the other dogs in the film, including Sharon Tate’s dog and some stray dogs glimpsed at the Manson Family ranch), are just fine. No harm comes to any of them.
- Sayuri won the Palm Dog at Cannes. She wasn’t there to pick it up, but Tarantino accepted it on her behalf.
6 thoughts on “All About Brandy the Pit Bull in ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’”
She and the other dogs were the best part of the whole movie.
Brandy is very cute! I felt sorry for her in the movie that cliff didn’t spend more time with her & feed her better food. B ut was releived to see she wasn’t hurt say shot or stabbed in the movie! Cannot watch movies where animals get hurt in them!
I love this movie and everything about it and fell in love with Brandi the pit bull who is the hero in the end.. I thought both actors were superb however DICapprio’s character far exceed expectations and I do believe he should have have won the Academy Award this is one of the best films in a long time I love the ending ……
I love to see Pits or American Bully’s movie. I have 7 of them. 5 of them are still pups and my male and female are 3 yrs old. They’re very obedient and smart and great with our children.
Pitts are the best.
Besides Brad Pitt, Brandi makes the movie. I have watched that movie at least 30 times. Great movie. My husband and I used to train dog’s a German method of training called SCHUTZHUND. We trained 2 dogs from puppy to Schutzhund III. Was Brandi trained Schutzhund.