Quentin Tarantino’s new movie, “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” features two of the biggest stars in the world, Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio. But the real scene stealer is Brandy, the loyal pit bull who belongs to Pitt’s stuntman character, Cliff Booth.
Here’s what you need to know about Brandy:
- She was played by three dogs: Sayuri, Cerberus, and Siren.
- It’s the first film for Sayuri, who was found at Delaware Red Pit Bulls.
- She’s a three-year-old who was trained by Monique and Matt Klosowski in Wilmington, Delaware, according to the Sacramento Bee.
- In the film, Cliff feeds her “Wolf’s Teeth” brand dog food, which has the tagline, “Good food for mean dogs” and comes in “rat” and “raccoon” varieties. According to Humane Hollywood, the actual food served was “organic and to the dog’s liking.”
- Brandy is well trained in the film (she waits patiently as Cliff prepares her unappetizing meal of canned dog food.) But Cliff doesn’t seem to be the the best dog owner as her bowl is dirty. And she seems to be left alone a lot.
- Brandy comes in very handy in the film’s finale.
- She (and the other dogs in the film, including Sharon Tate’s dog and some stray dogs glimpsed at the Manson Family ranch), are just fine. No harm comes to any of them.
- Sayuri won the Palm Dog at Cannes. She wasn’t there to pick it up, but Tarantino accepted it on her behalf.